- test news piece
- 150 Jahre Carlstadt Turnverein
- The German Society of Maryland Honors G. Krug & Son, Makers of Artistic Wrought Iron Work since 1810
- Schwäbischer Sängerbund feiert Weihnachten
- GERMAN-AMERICAN DAY IM RATHAUS VON PHILADELPHIA
- Aus den deutschen Kreisen Washingtons
- Professor Hegger vor dem praemierten Solarhaus auf der Mall in Washington
- English Play on Berlin Stage
- NMCC’S Wind Power Technology Program Receives donations from 3 German Companies
- Uber Endurance Demonstrates Uber German-American Pride
- Book Review : A Physical & Spritual Journey from Berlin to Philadelphia
- Germany’s Herbert Gronemeyer plays America Fall 2013
Two of their most popular events happen over the next few weeks – The Dirty German ( a mere 50 mile trail run) & The ½ Sauer – ½ Kraut (1/2 Marathon). It is with events like these that the Weiss family shares and celebrates their passions for family, fitness, German-American heritage & food.
Food and entertaining has always played a huge role for the Weiss family! Stephan Weiss & his wife Linda always enjoyed baking & cooking. Linda is a pastry chef by trade. Linda studied at Johnson & Wales University, worked in Stuttgart, Germany as well at The Old Brauhaus Restaurant in Philadelphia. Stephan loved Linda and her cooking. When Linda’s father passed away a few years ago the family had a wakeup call. They changed their lifestyles and together lost a collective 130 pounds and became more active – a new passion was found: running and racing! To share their love of sport, food & all things German American the family founded Uber Endurance Sports.
Since its inception Uber Endurance has hosted many popular events with names like The Sloppy Cuckoo, Oktober Lauf Fest ½ Marathon, and Mount Cuckoo with hundreds of participants and helped to raise over $7000.00 for charity. They have also given out some very German awards including Cuckoo Clocks,Cuckoo Whistles instead of your traditional participant’s medal & German Weather Houses. Each race is a family celebration – with Linda’s brother, Walter Grund, Jr., and even Linda’s mother, Thekla Grund, both are very much involved in each event preparing and serving food to the finishers. How does a beer, sauerkraut & potato salad sound after a 50 mile run? Delicious!
Uber Endurance celebrates the power of the human spirit and sport with a German-American pride. Stephan Weiss, Race Director, put it best “Being German-American to me means embracing both countries. I'm proud of my German heritage, but I’m equally proud to be a part of this nation. I strongly believe that this country still rewards hard work and that the American dream is still alive. Add to that German core values, and you have a good recipe at doing well here.”
Uber Endurance is planning on several more races this year. The Mount Cuckoo 15K (a real wacky summer race) and the Blue Bavarian, a trail 1/2 Marathon in the Berks County, Pennsylvania.
For more information on upcoming events visit www.uberendurancesports.com. Guten Lauf! Guten Appetit!